While we love a rich spice cake with creamy frosting for a fall birthday, we know cake isn’t everyone’s birthday dessert of choice. With fall around the corner, there are plenty of autumn-themed cake alternatives to switch it up a bit. Bring on the cinnamon apples and pumpkin spice!
Here are seven delicious fall birthday dessert ideas for you:
- Apple Pie: This classic is always a fan-favorite during the fall season. For a special birthday occasion, serve it warm with vanilla ice cream!
- Maple-Walnut Cheesecake: Nothing tastes like fall like pure maple syrup drizzled over a maple-walnut flavored cheesecake. You can even save some fridge space by serving it warm with hot coffee or mulled apple cider!
- Pumpkin Cookies: These are the perfect pumpkin treat, and they’re even thick enough to poke a birthday candle into the center. You can even get creative with decorative or colored icing.
- Chocolate-Pumpkin Cheesecake: If you’re looking to go outside the box, you can try this creative spin on traditional cheesecake. What better fall combination than pumpkin and chocolate?
- Pecan Pie: You might be used to this one on the Thanksgiving table, but who says you can’t make it for a fall birthday? This fancy caramel-centered pie with a crispy, nut-filled topping is best served warm with whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Pumpkin Roll: This is as close as it gets to cake, but it definitely passes as an alternative. This moist, pumpkin-based roll is filled with a swirl of cream cheese frosting for a naturally decorative touch!
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies: These soft pumpkin-spiced cookies sandwiched with a whipped cream cheese filling are great individualized treats for everyone. They’re no hassle to serve, making them ideal for a birthday party!