Summer birthdays are often celebrated with cookouts, pool parties and backyard games. For a sweet treat that won’t melt in the heat, upgrade your cupcake flavors for summertime! These fruity cupcake ideas are perfect for any birthday, whether the guest of honor is turning 5 or 55. You can easily stick to these suggestions, or mix and match cake, filling and frosting flavors for a unique fruity flavor.
- Berries and Cream: Vanilla cupcakes get a summery upgrade with almond whipped cream filling and berry buttercream frosting. Strawberry, blueberry or mixed berry frostings all taste great.
- Coconut: A coconut cupcake is filled with a coconut-y cream cheese. Lime frosting balances the sweetness of the coconut.
- Key Lime: All the flavors of a key lime pie are included, with a graham cracker crumb crust, vanilla cupcake and lime frosting.
- Lemon Lime: Fill lemon-lime cupcakes with lime curd filling before topping with a lime buttercream frosting.
- Peach Mint: A sweet combination of peaches and mint make a unique cupcake. They’re topped with peach frosting and a pretty mint garnish.
- Piña Colada: Combine coconut and pineapple for a sweet cupcake and top with coconut frosting. Add pineapple or haupia filling for even more flavor.
- Strawberry Lemonade: Refreshing lemon cupcakes are topped with a strawberry buttercream frosting. This flavor can easily be customized! Try raspberry frosting, a blueberry swirl cake with lemon frosting, or another combination.